There is a whole world out there to be explored; come and discover it, making Ischia your base.
After having travelled all over the island, what about going beyond the island boundaries?
If you wish to make the most of your holiday by getting to know other magnificent tourist destinations in this region, Ischia would be an excellent starting point for day trips, returning in the evening.
The other islands
Capri and Procida are the other two islands in the Gulf of Naples and they are well worth visiting. They are much smaller than Ischia, so only a half-day visit will be enough for you to get to know the their most important features. Sea crossings set sail from Ischia to Procida all year round. While Capri should be visited from spring to autumn with a magnificent excursion that starts in the morning and returns in the afternoon.
Day trips to tourist hotspots in the Campania region can easily be organised, these include:
- Pompeii and its extraordinary archaeological park;
- The Amalfi Coast, with its true gems, Amalfi, Positano and Ravello;
- Mount Vesuvius, the most famous and immortalised volcano in the world;
- The great city of Naples with San Gregorio Armeno (St. Gregory of Armenia), the street where many nativity scenes are on sale, the 18th century “Chiostro di Santa Chiara (Cloister of St. Claire), the Cathedral of San Gennario (St. Januarius), its hypogea and the underground itineraries as well as many other marvellous things to see;
- The Royal Palace in Caserta, commissioned by the Bourbons and designed by Vanvitelli, in order to compete with Versailles.
All these tours can be booked at our B&B facilities.